• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS/GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BooticusMaximus

I recently had trouble with my computer hanging up in the BIOS and couldn't find definitive help anywhere on the internet so for anyone using a Vertex 3 and a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P having a similar problem here is what i did to fix it.

1) Edited registry so that i could put my BIOS in AHCI mode.

2) Used the Linux tool from OCZ to update the firmware of my Vertex 3 to 2.23 (i think that was the version number)

3) Updated my BIOS to F7 from Gigabyte by using a flash drive and the q flash utilities

4) Made sure my BIOS was in AHCI mode.

5)Be sure to restart in between steps (common sense I know)

I've restarted my computer maybe 25 times since then and not one single crash.

I hope this helps anyone else who is having a similar problem.
Be sure to watch videos on YouTube about the q flash utility and any of the other steps they will be extremely helpful.

My rig:
Corsair Carbide 500R Case (White)
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair Pro Series 750W power supply
Corsair 1600 Vengeance RAM 16 GB
Intel i7 2600k
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120 GB
EVGA GTX 580

So which one of the 3 items actually solved the problem?

Did you initially change it to AHCI but installed under IDE? Solution 1 would all that would be needed in that case.

BSOD's in windows and other issues (losing the drive in the bios IIRC) were resolved with FW flash of the Vertex 3.

I was using a prior bios than that and a Vertex3 so not sure it was the bios.

So which one of the 3 items actually solved the problem?

Did you initially change it to AHCI but installed under IDE? Solution 1 would all that would be needed in that case.

BSOD's in windows and other issues (losing the drive in the bios IIRC) were resolved with FW flash of the Vertex 3.

I was using a prior bios than that and a Vertex3 so not sure it was the bios.

"E_D", sorry I read this early in the morning. It liked to have fried my brain with all that logical stuffz. +1.

RGone...ster. :chair:

Back