• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 480 Underclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noshei

I've been having issues with one of my GTX 480's dropping the core clock way down.

MSI Afterburner is showing the core clock at 203 MHz, even though I have set it to 848 MHz.

GPU-Z says the core clock is 405 MHz and EVGA Precision-X says it is at 848 MHz.

I feel inclined to believe MSI Afterburner, mainly due to the fact that I'm showing 90%+ utilization on the card almost all the time.

Temps aren't an issue as I'm on water and they don't go above 45c.

Here are the overclock setting I have it running.
Core Clock: 848 MHz
Memory Clock: 2121 MHz
Core Voltage: 1.138 V

Any help would be great.

I would check your power profile under the Nvidia control panel. I had that issue (sort of) with my new 670. First few runs gave amazing scores so I went in and turned on forced Adaptive V-Sync. i must have also hit the power profile or something because my scores dropped way down and MSI and EVGA were both showing the card wasn't speeding back up when going into 3d mode. I put the Adaptive V-Sync back off and it didn't fix the problem. Then I saw the power profile was set to adaptive and I switched it to maximum power (or something like that) and my scores jumped back up to where they should be.

Back