• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FIOS install tomorrow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What ISP?

With all the random outages, I've been getting sick of Comcast...thinking about switching over to AT&T FIOS.

I never seen outage problems with Comcast, but their usual modems sure look cheap! :mad:
you must be one of the only ones. Of the people that I know that are on Comcast everyone of them hates it. My wow guild had a separate rank for those who commonly got 'Comcasted'

you must be one of the only ones. Of the people that I know that are on Comcast everyone of them hates it. My wow guild had a separate rank for those who commonly got 'Comcasted'

The only problem I see with Comcast is them money-raping people.

My parents told me that they keep demanding both months' bills to be paid all at once! :mad:

Sounds like DSL is the fix. ;)

that is just smexy. How much/mo is that setup running you? I assume you have it at least bundled with cable tv?

that is just smexy. How much/mo is that setup running you? I assume you have it at least bundled with cable tv?

well I have FIOS preimum TV but this plan does not come with a package at all. So just internet is about $200 haven't seen a bill yet so no idea on taxes/fees etc etc

Which mean's you are going to be staying in about 1% of the US. I've been waiting for FIOS, but they are pretty much just building up the existing areas more, and not expanding.

Had Fios installed yesterday after 32 years with Comcast, wasn't displeased with Comcast . Verizon just has a little more advanced equipment.

They had the whole house HD DVR for free($-19.99)(500GB) and I connected 3 HD boxes for a total of 4 HD sets. Each one capable of excessing the DVR and also recording to it.(Price of the boxes goes down as you order more)

Didn't really need much programming, I only watch sports and HGTV.Just got the extreme and encore/starz@$6.00 for my wife.

Went with the 35/35(Tested@42/32) and wifi maxes out the Speedtest app @20/20 , its enough to notice a difference over 30/10. The Ping time is much lower.

I only had internet and a hodpodge of boxes 3 non HD(Free) and an HD cable card(Free) in my HTPC/Ceton/2GB box with Comcast. I'll miss the HTPC with its 4 tuners, but not the heat. Comcast provided the cable card for free while Verizon charges for it. So it seemed simpler to go with the 4th box for the same price ($3.99 or $4.99). I can always get a cable card later.

Increased price from $84 after taxes to $150 after taxes. The quality of HD on all 4 TV's is just so much better now and we have a phone again as well.

I am lucky to have a choice, I now lots of folks don't :( I now have both lines trenched to the house nearly 300'. So it will be easy in 2 years to go with who ever steps up.

Just once in 30 some years maybe Comcast instead of just raising the rate should have called me and asked what they could do to keep me as a customer! They sure were eager at the local B&M I returned my equipment too, to keep me. They were always good and the techs were always good...The folks on the phone though,even the ones in this country(US) were terrible.

Last edited:
I get comcasted at least once a week. It is either that or Quest here in Utah and I have heard nothing good of Quest either.

I want FIOS, too bad it wont be coming through here anytime soon :/ Looks Like I will need to move to California :)

I live in Dallas, TX and got FIOS as soon as I moved here, and absolutely love it as well as everyone I talk to that has it.

I pay for 15/5 and it test about 23/5 with a ping of ~10ms! I think I can upgrade to 50/15 for not too much more, and have been thinking about.

I saw an article about their new 'Quantum' Service that introduced the 300 down service. I'm so jealous lol

Back