• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game freeze?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

OK.. Just a few ago my game froze and when it did, My video card didnt show up in evga precision? I mean, it was like the card was gone, Never seen no crap like that, I dont have an OC anymore,i put the clocks back to default and it still does it??:bang head

i tried that.. just started that crap out of no where.. i even back my OC down thinking might have been that..

Tried that and............... still no card showing up? Does it show up in the NV Control Panel?

Did you add your second card for SLI yet?

Its showed back up, it showed back up and i restarted evga X But still freezin n game, And no didnt add 2nd card yet, Didnt freakin come today like the tracking says....

EDIT, Yea, shows in NV panel

Of course it shows up NOW through NVCP!!! Lulz!

Booooooooo... ("Through" USPS btw :) - Threw is the act of pushing something with force, like a ball - Sorry that bothers me!!! LOL)

Anyhow, is it only one game that is freezing?

OK. i just tried to load crysis 2 and i got he BSOD "Page fault in non-page area" !!! :bang head I was getting error not to long ago and i formatted and started fresh and it went away, But guess its back.. :mad: What the hell does it mean?

Memory issues usually.

One thing about those 780i boards...yes it offers you a seemingly infinite number of memory dividers, but some of those are borked. If you are not at 1:1 you run the risk of this issue. Not to mention you are mixing capacities which can cause issues in and of itself, regardless if they are matching sticks.

Not sure. A fresh install shouldnt correct a memory issue.

Try running Memtest86 and see if you get errors.

I done that b4 i done the freash install.. I let it run for about hour 1/2, no problems. .weird huh? DO you think it might be the video card? its the only thing new i added to my system

I just ran crysis 2 and no problems...

Last edited:
I imagine its NOT the GPU if you can run another game on it fine. May be the game, may be the driver.

Back