• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 50, and my latest submissions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Cracked the top 50 world tonight on a Radeon 4890 Aquamark silver cup:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2294253_

I also recently took silvers on the same card in 3d01 and 3d05... all of these are basically just on the strength of the CPU. The other 3d benches didn't respond much to the better IB CPU clocks.

So find yourself a strong IB, rerun your old GPUs on these benches... crush the rankings.

Next stop? 2nd US and gunning for top 25 world.

8800 GT 512MB will be ran again next, for the team cup, and to take a handful of golds. :rock:

BTW, props to Bobnova... He revived this 4890 from the dead, and he also modded the 8800 GT 512 that is going to get golds in the next week. :)

Yay, the 4890 still lives and Glorious Leader is living up to his title. Keep on pushing it IMOG, way to bench!!

Matt you have been a benching beast. Nothing less than a glorious leader!

looks like I need to get my hands on some good benchin gpus and send em off to bobnova so I can hope to crack the top 100 soon :)

Way to go Matt , if you keep benching like you normaly do that #1 spot won't take you long to achieve. Well done.

congrats on top 50 :thup: ... I still remember when I was in top 100 ... like 3 or 4 years ago :p

Thanks guys.

Way to go Matt , if you keep benching like you normaly do that #1 spot won't take you long to achieve. Well done.

I was looking at that. :) #1 would probably neccessitate going for top 3d globals on new GPUs is what I figured out. I'm not real eager to run new gpus. It's expensive.

The way points are calculated, hardware points max out at roughly 1000 (20 gold cups at 50 boints). Then your globals don't really have a max, but the best 15 global scores count.

With that in mind, my hardware points will likely max out around 700 or so since I don't have the fastest IB, and I would need a lot of really big globals to get near first... I had planned to get a lot of big globals in pcmark05 (like stevero), but since that went nuts its a losing game. So that leaves 3D, or oddball categories like 3 core or 5 core wprime...

But ya, I guess I will just see how high I can get. Hopefully before hwbot changes the point system and puts me back at zero.

Back