• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My DDR3 CL7 works like an CL9 and I want to change it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: to OCForums!

You can just use Quick Mode, that way you just have to enter the timings once and they're applied to all the RAM. Just enable Quick Mode, change the timings to your rated timings, and make sure the RAM voltage is set to its rated voltage.

2T is a little slower than 1T but you won't notice the difference in real life. Just splitting hairs.

2T is a little slower than 1T but you won't notice the difference in real life. Just splitting hairs.

Thanks.

OK, but theres not to much difference between CL7 and CL9 too, so is 7-7-7-21-2N is better than 9-9-9-24-1T? And can I put 7-7-7-21-1T? Or I could leave the Command Rate in AUTO...

Last edited:
Setting to 2t basically adds 1 to the other major timings which would still be faster than 9s theoretically. Try with 1t and if it doesn't work try 2t

Thanks.

OK, but theres not to much difference between CL7 and CL9 too, so is 7-7-7-21-2N is better than 9-9-9-24-1T? And can I put 7-7-7-21-1T? Or I could leave the Command Rate in AUTO...
Like was already suggested, manually change the timings to 7-7-7-21-2T / 2N, since those are the timings the modules are rated to run at. And yes, timings of 7-7-7-21-2T are better / faster than 9-9-9-21-1T. Since no two modules are EXACTLY alike, whether they're part of a kit or not, there's no possible way we can tell you if your specific modules will run stably at 1T. You'll just have to test the setting change yourself, either w/ Memtest86+, the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, Prime Blend, etc.

That ram might be able to run 1T with no issues. Just run memtest and verify, if it works your ram is perfectly stable at 1T.

running at all stock and the 1T instead of 2 is like a nice little timings tightening. You can improve performance at your level too by doing so.

your ram seems fine, if it passes memtest at 1T it can run at that just fine

your problem seems to be either just a peculiarity of your motherboard or the bios is failing... I had a MSI board that had a similar issue that I had to RMA

Sounds like you could probably just leave it alone though.

Back