• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm new and need advise for a build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shane0404

Hey guys, I was directed by somebody on the Battlefield 3 forums to come here for advice. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
I'm new to PC gaming and only understand a few things.
I would like to build a PC that can support Battlefield 3 running on Ultra settings at 1080p with a decent framerate. I would like 16gb RAM because I will also be editing videos on programs like AAE and would like it to run smooth. I have around $1,200, can this be done? If so, what parts would you guys recommend?
Thanks.

Asrock Extreme4
4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair 650TX
GTX670
128GB Vertex 3 / Crucial M4 SSD
Case of your choice

just copy the build in my sig and add more mem and a different PSU. soon as I get the money I'm swapping the PSU for a corsair.
Add 16gig mem
GTX 670
Corsair PSu
take out SSD to save you money.

for cases, HAF 932 is a great full tower, for mid tower, NZXT phantom 410, HAF 912, and a few others. The Thermal Take Element G is an ok case. it was given to me so I couldnt complain.

Also, do you live by a Microcenter?
---------------------
Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost
  • (OPTIONAL) Have you already looked at or considered any parts (it's okay if you haven't)? If so, please list your top 1-2 choices for each category. If you've only picked out a few of the below, just list those.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
    • RAM
    • Graphics Card
    • Power Supply
    • Case
    • Hard Drive
    • Solid State Drive (optional)
    • Mouse (if necessary)
    • Keyboard (if necessary)
    • Monitor (if necessary)
    • Speakers/Headset (if necessary)
Once again, thank you in advannce for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Back