• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P PPD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark620

4 ea. 6172 12core Magny-Cours 2.1GHz
or
4 ea. 6274 16core Opteron 2.2GHz (bulldozer?)

When I started thinking about # of CPU's one of these
massively trumps all that I have running.

Couldn't you have at least waited till I passed you?:D

Did you check the old threads Mark you want to be sure to get one of the Supermicro Mobo's that OC.:thup:

Im still waiting, could you hurry it up?:p

There is a new 'trick' for the 62xx series cpus to force them into the highest processor speed per core. There is a series of commands to issue using TPC. Some of the guys on the 'other' forum are seeing 50-70k ppd increase with a few keystrokes. They still use more power/ppd, but at least the difference in production per day isn't as large.

There is a new 'trick' for the 62xx series cpus to force them into the highest processor speed per core. There is a series of commands to issue using TPC. Some of the guys on the 'other' forum are seeing 50-70k ppd increase with a few keystrokes. They still use more power/ppd, but at least the difference in production per day isn't as large.
Can we get a link, I know not what you refer too. :shrug:

Thanks Mac. Been busy working on the house and haven't been on the computer much. Some are reporting good results, others that it has no effect. YMMV, but I agree that for now the 61xx series are probably the ones to stick with.

Back