• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im looking for a gaming cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcbubblescmp1

im new to the build your own computer scene. im have $500 and im looking to build a computer that can run bf3 and diablo 3 on good graphics with good fps. i have only used intel items up till now. but im open to anything. thanks for reading.

ya unfortunately. i had some family health issues pop up recently. my brother broke his leg repairing his roof and i had to help him with the medical bill.

If you'd like to go Intel, which will probably offer a better upgrade path, I'd start with something like a G620 and a newer motherboard. Then you'll be able to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge CPU down the road.

The graphics card is going to be a more important choice if you're planning on gaming. The G620 should be able to keep up with most graphics cards at your price point.

i see alot of stuff about sli and crossfire x ready. what does that mean. ive used a dell laptop for the past 5 years. so i really have no idea what some of this stuff means

That means using multiple graphics cards in parallel to improve performance. You won't be able to fit a crossfire/SLI setup into a $500 budget.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX is a good board and then you could get G620 CPU and GTX 560ti.

Back