• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have finalized first build. How does it look?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iblowuup

Registered
Any places I'm overspending or any issues with compatibility? Also, I'm building from absolute scratch so everything here needs to be able to sustain a computer.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ($60)

CPU: i5 3570K ($230)

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620 ($90)

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) ($50)

GPU: XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB ($170)

MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 ($140)

Cd Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner ($20)

HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM ($95)

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM ($100)

Keyboard: LITE-ON SK-1788/BS 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys PS/2 ($8)

Mouse: GIGABYTE GM-M6800 Noble Black 5+1 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical ($15)

Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" ($145)

Networking card: TP-LINK TL-WN722N ($20)

Surge: BELKIN BE108200-06 6 feet 8 Outlets ($20)

HDMI: Rosewill - Pellucid HD Series High Speed HDMI® cable (6 FEET) ($3)

Also I'm overbudget as it is so higher priced replacement components won't do.

How much are you over budget? We probably can get you back down in budget if you'd be willing to take a little less here and there. For instance you don't need a NIC card, integrated NIC works great.

How much are you over budget? We probably can get you back down in budget if you'd be willing to take a little less here and there. For instance you don't need a NIC card, integrated NIC works great.

The extreme4 has an integrated one? I guess I must of missed that. So many features on this thing. If so great, I'll be glad to shave off $20 :D

Also, what exactly do you mean by taking off a little here and there? (Other than that card)

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost

Once again, thank you in advannce for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost

Once again, thank you in advannce for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

I plan on playing games like BF3, Diablo 3, Just Cause 2, and Anno 2070 and other games like them that are fairly demanding.

My budget is about $1000-1100 and that includes monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS along with other misc. things.

I'm in the US and planning on getting everything in a bulk order from Newegg. The prices listed above are Newegg prices as of 6/23/12. Some are rounded a little.

I don't plan on immediately overclocking and crossfiring but I want to be able to in the future.

Back