• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of PNY GTX 460 XLR8 (overclocked) stock BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emaddox84

Hi guys. So I was running an official BIOS updater for my Palit GTX 460 card (to try alleviate some weird behavior), and their updater flashed both my cards. I spent quite some time to figure out how to unbrick my PNY card. Needless to say, I was pretty angry at Palit.

Anyways, all I need now is a stock BIOS for a PNY GTX 460 XLR8 (overclocked) card. The part number is VCGGTX4601XPB-OC and has a core clock of 765. The Tech Powerup VGA DB only seems to have the non-overclocked version (I've flashed it and the clock is 685, also it seems slightly unstable on my card). The original BIOS version on my card that I wish to find a copy of is 70.04.2E.00.53 (this version is not in the techpowerup VGA DB).

Could someone please send me the ROM file for this card? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah I have. They only have the non-overclocked version BIOS (core clock is 675 vs 765).

Yeah. Unfortunately nTune blue screens on the card. RivaTuner has problems as well. I'll probably just keep it the way it is unless I somehow get a hold of the OEM BIOS.

Wow, that suck man! The main reason why I have always bought two of the same exact cards when going into sli configuration. have you contacted pny?

PNY still exists, I would contact them and see if their tech support is competent enough to send you the BIOS.

For overclocking, try MSI Afterburner.
Rivatuner is awfully old at this point. I've never used ntune.

Wow, that suck man! The main reason why I have always bought two of the same exact cards when going into sli configuration. have you contacted pny?

Yeah, I definitely would have bought the same cards just to avoid any headaches if I could have, but I got the Palit two years ago and got the PNY on the cheap last month (as kind of a in between upgrade).

I contacted PNY and they have this weird policy where they won't release the stock BIOS roms under any circumstance.

That is very strange indeed.

Does the non-OC BIOS work? If so you might be able to use FermiBiosEditor to change the clocks/volts back to where you want them.
It's a great way to brick the card, but having a second GPU and being nvidia it should be recoverable without the annoyance of flashing blind.

Back