• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video conversion acceleration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

Alright, so I occasionally like to convert videos. I like using handbrake as it can utilize all 6 cores at once, making a conversion fairly quick. One thing I could never figure out is what the capabilities of the UVD system are. Can someone explain what formats our video cards are capable of converting and converting to? What programs would you recommend that actually take advantage of video card processing for doing accelerated conversions? I've had to make a few DVDs for work in the last few months, and I'm realizing how long it's been since I've done any of this crap.

vReveal is one of those AMD have been working with to use OpenCL Direct Compute.

http://www.vreveal.com/

I think there is also a BETA version of Handbrake which does the same thing, i think Adobe video suit also does it

Never tried it, i'm quite happy with AVS as i can run that while gaming.

Back