• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard lan not detected - MSI h67ma-e35

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ivanlabrie

Guys, I ran into some trouble while setting up a friends rig.
He has an I5 2400, 2x2gb ram, Msi h67ma-e35 board, onboard gpu.
I installed his copy of Win 7 Proffesional and downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's site.
I couldn't get the onboard lan, onboard gpu and audio detected when running the driver install, and also couldn't add new hardware from Windows itself. It stood there doing nothing, while supposedly searching for discoverable devices.
Any clues on what's going on?
Thanks!:ty:

Get the drivers from the mobo website.

I assume they are recognized in the device manager?

Thanks. I read it...let's make sure.

I wonder why it would be disabled in the bios when by default everything is enabled.

Thanks. I read it...

I wonder why it would be disabled in the bios when by default everything is enabled.

No idea, it was simply the first thing that came to mind when a device isn't recognized. it's either not properly connected or powered up or enabled. Since this is onboard, the first 2 don't apply. And if they were enabled they would show up as unknown devices in device manager.

EDIT: Sorry it came out harsher than I intended.

No worries at all. Didnt take it that way anyway :). Just want to confirm. A lot of times people dont say what they mean so asking a pointed question, even though the answer is likely there may still be worth it. :)

It's quite odd, though the board isn't new per se...It was an rma replacement.
I'm gonna have a look into that and post back, it's at my friends house atm and I couldn't stop by yet.
Thanks guys!

NP, the bios thing is simply to get rid of the basic troubleshooting. After that it gets slightly harder. I hope it's only disabled in the BIOS, that's an easy fix.

Yeah, I sort of rushed the config the day we set that rig up, cause it was already late and we had spent a couple of hours assembling it and doing cable management to make it tidy.
I'll give that a go, and try to get drivers from the Realtek site too.

Yeah if drivers didnt work, something is borked. Either it was disabled in the bios, or they all manged to be bad, which is unlikely. Hopefully it is in the bios... :)

If it's enabled in BIOS, load a Ubuntu Live CD (or any other distro) and run lspci.
Look for the device there. If it's there, then it's Windows and it's drivers having fun.

Back