• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Image ole32.dll Kaspersky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xmusashix

Registered
My kaspersky can't finishing scan drive c. When in the middle of scan progressing, suddenly i got a message if my ole32.dll & rocket.dll have been known as bad image then my computer restart.

I tried to restored System recovery & Startup recovery but bad image still appeared when was trying to scan

What should I do to fix it?

Uninstall KAV and install either Avast! or AntiVir.
The problem has been solved, after i followed your instruction to uninstall KAV, I use Legal KAV on win 7 but after I found some threat detect as Trojan.VB6.drop, scanning progress take more than 3 hour & my computer was totally hang (I'm not realy remember the exact name) my KAV only offered to remove/quarantine.

I tried to used xp safe mode and detached WLAN cable then ran ramnitkiller.exe, After waiting for 1 hour, my files have been cured unlike KAV which only offer to remove/quarantine

Kaspersky was one of the highest rated AV's recently for detection rate, but it also ranks very poorly in false positives.
I found on Kaspersky forum about ole32.dll, they suggested to reinstall both KAV & win 7 to fix the problem, OMG

Anyhow, I appreciate for your help. Thx :salute::salute::salute:

Back