• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec 92mmx38mm Tornado fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

I was cleaning a Vantec Tornado 92mm fan of mine earlier (TD9328H) and decided to remove the sticker from the backside of the fan to see if I could lubricate the bearings. Well, when I removed the sticker I was met with a surprise, a second sticker underneath it with the name of another manufacturer.

The OEM of this fan (in my case at least) turned out to be Sunon and the model number is PMD1209PMB1-A.

I must say the specs between the two are a little different. It's interesting to note that the OEM rates it at a higher RPM with more air flow and a higher dbA than Vantec does. In my case though both ratings are a little off from what I'm seeing, as the fan I have here consistently spins at 5200-5400rpm, and is probably louder as well.

Vantec TD9328H specifications:
Model: TD9238H
Dimension: 92 x 92 x 38 (mm)
Weight: 187g
Rated Voltage: 12 V
Rated Power: 12.5 W
Rated Current: 1.0 AMP
Fan Speed: 4800 RPM
Air Flow: 119 CFM
Noise Level: 56.4 dBA
Bearing System: Double Ball Bearing

Sunon PMD1209PMB1-A specifications:
Sunon Fan 90x90x38mm PMD1209PMB1-A.(2).F.GN 3wire 3Pin
Voltage - Rated 12VDC
Power (Watts) 12.5W
Bearing Type 2Ball
Dimension: 92x92x38 mm
Speed: 4900 rpm
Air Flow: 120.2 CFM
Noise Level: 57.6 dBA

I don't know if this information will be useful or informative to anyone, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

Last edited:
Yep, the tornado is actually made by Sunon. And the rpm is actually within tolerance of either factory rating. I don't miss those screamers at all either. The only 120 mm fan I know of that comes close to them in annoying factor is my Sanyo Denki beast fan

Back