• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Dell Inspiron VISTA Stage 3 of 3 0% Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My brother works for a company that sells all kinds of 2nd hand stuff PC's/Laptops/TVs etc a customer bought a laptop from his store and today return it because he couldn't use it. The result is the install of WINDOWS Vista is stuck in a windows update loop it keeps saying stage 3 of 3 0% it reboots and repeats.

I have told him to press F8 and log into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING and it loads up safe mode but continues with the W.U loop even in Safe mode. Now there is no restore CD I don't know if it came with one because the laptop was obviously bought from a different customer so all I can say is no it didn't and as always with his shop they never test it as they should they just boot to the desktop and that's it they class that as working.

There's no recovery partition either is there any way it could be repaired even without a CD it had a legit VISTA key at the bottom just no repair/recovery what so ever.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the laptop since it was sold to his shop didn't have any software with it I have learned that this DELL laptop has some software for the user to create recovery discs so they obviously didn't. I've said the laptop should never have been bought because there was no discs for either recovery or fresh install of Windows.

It doesn't matter though because they have now sent it off to a repair company which has cost them more money because they now had to refund the buyer £250 and pay for repair £150.

So its been solved.

Back