• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SpartanTech...any opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCr

Registered
Spartan Technologies seems to have a lot of good gear at decent prices. Does anybody have any good or bad experiences? My Epox board is just about to croak and I need some good resource info before its last breath.

Last edited:
OOPS!....sorry for posting in the wrong location. It has been moved.

I bought a CPU from them...came kinda quick and was the right one. Would order again if price was really good.

they're right near my house, never been there but i was thinking of buying from them. when i was buying all my gear i found their prices were high so i got from newegg, but that might have changed.

SPARTAN

I used to order alot from them last year, until they sent me a AMD TB 1.33 OEM with silicone thermal paste and artic silver all over it and a small chip on the die. I got really ****ed, they sent me a used cpu. I called them and said, " you sent me a used cpu, I paid for a new one, what are you gonna do about it?" They said, "Sorry about that, we occationally pull OEMs to test them. We must have accidentally sent you one of them. Please send it back and we will replace it, plus the shipping cost." I sent it back(now i have no system to run) they sent a new one. Took 6 business days :( . They never refunded me the shipping costs for their mistake. I haven't ordered from them for almost a year now. I only ordered from NewEgg and Jazz Tech.

Oh, by the way:
Spartan Tech and Progress PC are the same company.

OK

Yeah, every online distributor has buyer horror stories. I have found that Spartan is reliable, and their prices are steady and good. They also post in a lot of major computer magazines, and seem to be pretty popular. Trust me, it can't be half as bad as CyberPower, which has been nothing but endless trouble for a friend of mine. Yeah, Cyberpower makes Spartan look like a beautiful oasis in a barren online wasteland.

Spartan was good for my P4S333 and Corsair RAM. their prices are reasonable, shipping could be lower, but if you are looking for a seller nearer the East Coast (i hate waiting a week for stuff from Cali) they are a good bet.

I live right by them (in IL), and have bought from them several times. My general opinion is that I don't like them. They charged for a handling fee for something I bought at their office. You don't go to Best Buy and get charged money for handling do you? It makes the prices decieving. I also tried exchanging my A7V266-e for the asus nforce board. After a week and half of emailing back and forth between me and the tech, I just gave up. I don't recommend.

Back