• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 login issue, when reinstalled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Im trying to install win7 on my parents laptop, but every single time it gets to the login, it says something along the lines of, Windows 7 Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Then turns off, and restarts. It logins after this, but its annoying me it does this every single time.

Anyone know why this would happen after a full format and install?

Hey guys,

Im trying to install win7 on my parents laptop, but every single time it gets to the login, it says something along the lines of, Windows 7 Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Then turns off, and restarts. It logins after this, but its annoying me it does this every single time.

Anyone know why this would happen after a full format and install?

I would thoroughly wipe the HDD and try again. I highly recommend that you make sure other copies of Windows are gone. Then post back afterwards. Microsoft seems to be tricky. You want the HDD to look like it just came out of the factory before reinstalling. Sounds like you may have mismatched file versions.

Back