• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4CoreDual-SATA2 keyboard issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OptyTrooper

While prepping the above board to send to PenguinPal I noticed that I was not able to enter BIOS. There is no keyboard not detected message it just simply won't initiate. Can't get in pressing F2 or F11 for boot menu. I can only assume this come from a bad flash but that's just a guess only ans seeing as none of my keyboards USB or PS/2 work re-flashing is not an option.

Any ideas guys? I'd really like to get this board out to him ASAP.

Try booting, and see if you get any power to the keyboard (any keyboard).

Then once you get power, press the reset button. See if you can get in now.

Its a shot in the dark, but I've had stuff like that happen before.

Not a power supply or some other issue? Cpu making bad contact etc.?

whats the board model exactly? i might have ran into this before and have a fix written down somewhere.

wont be able to look it up till tommarow though, Leaving for a long day of work about now.

whats the board model exactly? i might have ran into this before and have a fix written down somewhere.

wont be able to look it up till tommarow though, Leaving for a long day of work about now.
Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 rev 1.0, thanks.

USB mouse won't light up until Windows starts loading, and you only have a PS/2 keyboard? No USB to test with?

Back