• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth usb dongle problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zaspera

Registered
I'm using the iogear GBU521 usb dongle. I installed it with the disk and it won't connect to my backbeat bluetooth headset. It pairs just fine, but won't connect. I uninstalled drivers and tried downloading the ones from the broadcom site and still, I get the same problem. I have tried the dongle in different usb ports as well. This dongle supports A2DP which I read is what I need for the backbeat's stereo headphone crap. Any idea what to do to get this to work? I'm about to break my dongle and the headset. Ugh.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit as well.

NMxG8.png

i had the same dongle and the same problem trying to connect to a set of sony bluetooth headsets. if you have any wireless mouse/keyboard it could be your problem it was mine. im guessing the drivers on the dongle dont like to play nice with the drivers from the wireless perpetuals. i tried everything, new dongles and all but as i spent about $250 on my keyboard and mouse i ended up just giving up on the wireless headset and just paired it with my tablet for music and got a quality wired headset for my pc=)

I actually do have a wireless mouse. Unplugging it to see if that works. I'll let you know if it works.

A simple unplug didn't work, but like you said it's the drivers. This is too much hassle for something that should be so easy. Looks like I'm taking this back for a refund. Thanks for the help.

anytime, yea i gave up after wasting nearly a whole weekend trying to get it working for me,just wasn't worth the hassle.
it seems the only way to get it to work would be to get a Bluetooth mouse and use the included dongle for the headset too.

Back