• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS P8Z68-V Gen 3 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's anything like the P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 motherboard I have, then this is an awesome board.

P8Z68-v/gen3 issue with bios

So I wanted to post this bit of info if someone runs into this exact issue I did the last couple of days. I decided it would be a great idea to update the bios to the latest and greatest. Why cause you know I like to run into issues I guess. Well it seemed that it went well and nothing was a miss. But wait I no longer have turbo control. I could not set the turbo for all cores because it was no longer in my options. This was very strange. Had always had the ability to control my turbo before. I have a 2500k processor and that should allow me to control the turbo clocks for overclocking. Well I am guessing Asus in their wisdom changed something in the bios code to maybe accidently remove the option. So I tried a downgrade. Downgrade went fine but still the option was not visible. This became a mission to find the answer. Called Asus why cause again I am a moron and like to wait for hours for someone to give me the usual your board will have to be sent back to be repaired. So I began to try different bios on the website. No avail I still had no turbo clock options. Then I decided to do the crazy. I downloaded AFUDOS. It is a pretty cool program and I destroyed my bios. Yes I did this. Then I reloaded the new bios again. Well still no option for turbo clock. I remembered that I had bios ver. 3402. Don't ask me why I remember this it still doesn't make an sense to me either but I did. So I am going to add instructions for anyone who may have the same issue. Again I take no blame if you f your board these are the risks your board may never boot again. AGAIN THE BOARD MAY BECOME A PAPER WIEGHT.
1. make a boot disk many ways I use hp tool for this google is your friend
2. download afudos from the AMI website the newest one is great copy afudos to root of jump drive
3. download and extract bios 3402 for your board. Mine is P8Z68-v/gen3 this may or may not work with the other versions
4. copy bios to jump drive.
5. download and extract bios tool from asus bupdater it is under bios utilities
6. now place your bios file on jumpdrive on the root just makes things easier change the name to bios.rom makes this process eaiser
7. boot to bios and change boot to said jump drive
8. boot up to jump drive and type dir
9. should see your files mine was afudos, bupdater, and my rom.
10. for the fun stuff type afudos bios.rom /p /b /n /k
11. now it should go through the entire rom write and fail the check at the end. Very important do not reset the pc leave it on.
12. you should now be back at the c: prompt good
13. type in bupdater /ibios.rom /pc /g no space between /I and the rom file
14. this will put you in the asus bios program. yea
15. should see your bios.rom file on the page highlight it and press enter
16. wait for it to complete and exit the program or at the end press ok at the prompt. this will kick you back to c:
17. very important last step turn the power off. On the board is clr cmos jumper remove it and move it over to the last two pins
18. I held the power button for 15 secs to clear all power from the board. Worked for me
19. Place the jumber back to pin 1-2 and power up the computer. Enter bios and you should now see turbo clock controls when you change AI overclock tuner to manual.

That is it hope it works if you did the same thing or have the same issue. It may only effect my board only who knows. Just sending the info for your enjoyment.

Remember this very well can kill your board if done wrong.

Back