• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sapphire 7850 1280 core clock 1450 mem clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whoa! i've been reading up on OCing the 7850.
doing some googling etc before i attempt an OC on my XFX one.
I've read both MSI Afterburner and Asus GPU Tool can both remove the voltage cap to allow further overclocking.
Your core and mem speeds are already pretty beast though, it'd be cool if you can push it further :)

whoa! i've been reading up on OCing the 7850.
doing some googling etc before i attempt an OC on my XFX one.
I've read both MSI Afterburner and Asus GPU Tool can both remove the voltage cap to allow further overclocking.
Your core and mem speeds are already pretty beast though, it'd be cool if you can push it further :)

:thup: thanksss.

Well sapphire is a bit diffrent, for some reason their x850 series voltage controls are always locked in MSI after burner and they just give you this weakass little board power switch. BUT on the other hand when we us Sapphire Trixx overclocking utility you have 2 voltage controls, wtb mem voltage control now :p the core voltage doesn't seem to effect the memory on this card.

I've contacted them, hopefully they will fix it in the next release.
especially since I've got the new edition with the nice aftermarkert cooler, it makes no sense i get the same control over the voltage as the guys with the normal version lollll

I'm using Trixx, and I got to 1290/1500 @1.225v but my Heaven scores are still 2 points lower than when I was clocked at 1150/1450. I'm interested because I want to push my 7850 as far as I can get it.

would that have anything to do with the voltage? i read either on here or another page sometimes a different voltage can change the performance, even at the same clocks.
have you tried using a little higher voltage for 1290/1500?
i'm on 1290/1450 @ 1.2v at the moment, but i can't get the settings to save properly.
each time i boot i have to push the CCC sliders to 1050/1450, then open TRIXX and load my 1290/1450/1.2v profile which gets kinda annoying :shrug:

would that have anything to do with the voltage? i read either on here or another page sometimes a different voltage can change the performance, even at the same clocks.
have you tried using a little higher voltage for 1290/1500?
i'm on 1290/1450 @ 1.2v at the moment, but i can't get the settings to save properly.
each time i boot i have to push the CCC sliders to 1050/1450, then open TRIXX and load my 1290/1450/1.2v profile which gets kinda annoying :shrug:

That's really good. I played around with 2 7850s and couldn't get them stable above 1150 on the core even with 1.25v. Even the memory stalled at around 1300s.

Back