• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newly Built Gaming PC won't boot to BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry, here are the specs

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 GHZ Socket AM3 95W Quad Core Processor

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD38G1333ELK (It is designed for Intel, hope that's not the problem)

WD 3.5 inch 320 GB Hard Drive

Corsair Enthusiast Series 650 Watt PSU

ECS IC780M-A2 (V1.0A) AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-R667D3-1GI Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Antec Gaming Series one illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E

Does it boot okay if you connect it to a regular monitor?

Are you sure you have the 6 pin power connector plugged into the video card directly from the PSU? Are you sure the video card is completely seated?

Have you configured the ATI software (Catalyst Control Center I think?) for HDMI mode? Have you taken the TV remote and configured the video input for the correct HDMI port?

I have not had any issues using HDMI on AMD stuff but have had trouble doing it on nVidia stuff (no video input on monitor until actually in windows). You could try switching to VGA or DVI mode if you have the options.

if you are using onboard use VGA
my mobo will only show bois thru VGA not HDMI or DVI
but when i use my 6950 shows np

Back