• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could this be compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not sure if the screw holes would all line up on the backplate, i have the evga backplate on my 680 but its 10 1/2 inch your gigabyte card is 10 inch so i would guess the screw holes wouldn't line up properly,not sure if they have a 10 inch plate or not i think most there current cards are 10 1/2.
i wouldn't be willing to guess if the waterblock would fit you'll have to wait for someone else who has one to get feedback on that:)

not sure if the screw holes would all line up on the backplate, i have the evga backplate on my 680 but its 10 1/2 inch your gigabyte card is 10 inch so i would guess the screw holes wouldn't line up properly,not sure if they have a 10 inch plate or not i think most there current cards are 10 1/2.
i wouldn't be willing to guess if the waterblock would fit you'll have to wait for someone else who has one to get feedback on that:)

glad i saw ur comment before i went ahead and order everything to test waters. this is madness, i love this block but already bought the card. :bang head

Reference is reference. AFAIK, all reference PCBs are the same. The GTX680 block fits EVGA's 670 FTW Edition card because it is on the reference 680 PCB.

The .5" difference in the two cards is all fan area, because the fan extends past the end of the PCB in its housing.

Reference is reference. AFAIK, all reference PCBs are the same. The GTX680 block fits EVGA's 670 FTW Edition card because it is on the reference 680 PCB.

The .5" difference in the two cards is all fan area, because the fan extends past the end of the PCB in its housing.

thank you! if i buy it and it doesnt fit ill blame u

jk

Haha they're called "reference" cards because they're the same as NVidia's layout. Meaning screw holes, vRAM location, everything.

thats what i thought too, but i also thought maybe if the size is the same, what if a company drilled a extra hole somewhere, or extra capacitor somewhere ya kno

It only takes 3/1000 of an inch to make a GPU FC block not fit. Different Vreg maker is 5/1000 taller on a non ref card, causing the main GPU chip part to not make good contact.

Reference IS reference. Always has been.

A human hair is 3/1000 thick.

If they add that extra hole, it can't be called reference anymore :cool:

i think ill just keep this gigabyte one on air, then get a evga model to put the block i just ordered, install them both, run sli and overclocked benchmarks, move the gigabyte to my spare rig and call it a day

All reference cards from both brands and all manufacturers are made by Foxconn in china.
The only differences between the Gigabyte reference card and the EVGA reference card are the stickers and the price tag.
That's it.
Nothing else.
Same PCB.
Same parts.
Same slave labor.

If you can confirm that the GBT is reference (the goofy voltage regulation setup is a dead giveaway) and that the EVGA block is built for reference cards, you're golden.

All reference cards from both brands and all manufacturers are made by Foxconn in china.
The only differences between the Gigabyte reference card and the EVGA reference card are the stickers and the price tag.
That's it.
Nothing else.
Same PCB.
Same parts.
Same slave labor.

If you can confirm that the GBT is reference (the goofy voltage regulation setup is a dead giveaway) and that the EVGA block is built for reference cards, you're golden.

ugh, i think i might do that, just take off the fan from the gigabyte and test fit the evga block just to give everyone else a good to go:thup:

Back