• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster HC-001 Heatpipe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyE

hey, my friend just got this hsf, and from my crude estimates, it seems to be a great deal heavier than my sk6. It only has one clip onto the socket, and i was wondering if he shoudl take it off if hes going to lans becuase it might break off the socket due to its weight? Thanks.

I doubt it will snap off. Just be fragile with the case (You probably would be anyways when your moving it around).

Yodums

Joe's front page article here doesn't mention anything specific on the weight, but he does say that it's a very tight fit. Maybe that would make it less prone to breaking a tab. ??

Personally I would check the orientation of the fit. I wouldn't put it on a socket that didn't have the clips perpendicular to the ground. Especially due to the fact that it is only one clip.

I wonder why more companies don't take Taisol's lead and incorporate the "solid three" clip design. It is vastly superior...

Back