• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 7850 OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicMango

Yes, I know I made a previous thread on this one, but the title is kind of misleading since it only says @975Mhz. This new thread will be doing 2 things differently. I am going to be starting off stock speeds of the card (975Mhz) and slowly OC'ing the card past its stock clocks using Sapphire TRIXX and gauge temperatures with GPU-Z. I have also decided to use Heaven in a much more approachable and sensible sense and not maxing everything out, but using a more community unified bench stats with
•Normal Tesselation
•High Shaders
•4x Anisotrophy
•4x Anti-Alisasing
@1980x1080 resolution

I will be posting Heaven scores based on the above graphical settings and absolute maximum temps achieved during benching. I will also be posting voltages along with core speeds. Let the benching begin.

Last edited:
Update.
You think ambient room temps don't change anything? I went a full 6c to 40c idling at Stock speeds and whopping 59c under load at 975/1200 on 1.138v! Under the highest core clocks I've benched on @ 1290Mhz/1500 on 1.225 I was at 35c idle, 54c under load....The home is at a hot 88 degree's but I am upstairs with the fan on, so I estimate my computers surrounded in about 85 degrees.

Since we're on the subject of temps, I might as well throw out that my CPU temps have also increased an average of 6.5c amongst all cores with almost 0% CPU load.

That says a LOT about how much just the temps in your home can increase stress in your card. With this advice, I would recommend that when you do stable overclocking, try to do it during a hot day during the summer and not in the dead of winter. You'll be running stable then, but then when summer hits, you'll be wondering by you keep getting black screens during boot..

Last edited:
Back