• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Attempt 2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOnlyOne129

Registered
I want to convert my PC to water cooling. I need to cool a HAF X case with a i7 3770K @ 4.0 GHz, and an EVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1100 MHz. For my second revision I have also decided to cool the chipset of my motherboard, because I have heard this allows for more system stability. I do not (at present) intend to cool the RAM, because it doesn't get very hot. For the chipset of my EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard I read (here) that you can remove the 40mm fan and insert a universal chipset waterblock (see images here and here), but I could be interpreting that wrong...? Anyway I chose this one because it was round, and seemed good quality. For the VGA, Cooling Configurator tells me (and this is backed up by product reviews on newegg) that I need a GTX 680 waterblock like this one. Do I also need a backplate (like this one) to go with my GTX 680/670 waterblock? For my CPU I used this waterblock (because it was cheap and I have a budget concern at this point), and I was told that waterblocks themselves only had about a ~3 degrees Celsius between them. My flow diagram is here, and my radiators are here, here, and here. My pumps / reservoirs are here, and my heat exchanger is here. I would love any suggestions or corrections! Thanks!

STICKIES.
I have read all the stickies that I could find pertaining to my topic, and was asking about issues specific to my hardware that I could not find elsewhere on this site. Thank you for your concern though, I appreciate you being patient enough to try to teach me, and realize that I can be a bit slow at times. There is no need to get frustrated.

Im not really sure why your using a heat exchanger at all. Thats quite alot of radiator for ~ 250w of heat. The pump is fine. Finally you dont NEED a backplate for the GPU but you might want one.

The CPU block you chose is over two years old. There are no reviews on it. No one here or any other site I know of has eve used it. It's cheap. It has a poor thermal design from what I can read.

Please don't click and buy.

You say you have read our stickies, I am suspect of that very much so. You have so many poor parts picked and want to parellel flow rates etc. Very very basic mistakes.

I'll post this link again.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Back