• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Help Needed] CyberpowerPC won't boot after Crysis 2 Gaming Session

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skarian

Registered
Recently I purchased this item on Newegg because it seemed like a snag at $700

CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1317
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229269R

After getting everything situated to my new computer, it was about 5 AM. Being the insomniac that I am, I decided to load up Crysis 2 on Ultra High with High Res textures using DX11. After about 2 hours, my computer just shutoff, no noises or anything. I decided to go to bed....

This morning, I awoke and tried to start my computer. It turns on for 2 seconds then shuts off. No idea why. After consulting a few tech friends of mine, they told me to try taking out the RAM, so I took out each stick of ram, one at a time (there are two sticks) and noticed no changes in startup. However, when there is no ram, the computer makes one long beep before turning off. Then I tried to reset the CMOS on the gigabyte mother board. there were no jumpers so I was told to put a flathead screwdriver over the two pins sticking out of the CMOS for 10 seconds, then try to boot up. This also lead to no cigar.

I tried consulting the sticky's in this post to no avail. Alas, I must turn to the professionals to diagnose the issue with my computer, any help in the correct direction would be fantastic, but please realize I am pretty computer stupid, so please speak ssslllooowwwwlllyy...

Thank You,
Skarian

Does CyberpowerPC support products sold through Newegg? (I honestly don't know)

If swapping the RAM around and reseting the CMOS didn't fix it, I'm guessing they have a low quality power supply (denoted by "Power supply: 800w" instead of listing a quality unit) and it went out. Honestly, I'd suggest returning it to Newegg and building a proper system instead of buying pre-made junk. Get your money's worth.

If you can get us a budget, there are some very good members that can get you spec you out a system.

Newegg said they could only give me a refund.

I guess the new budget would be $700....
It is just sad that I got a taste of a good pc and it has been taken away..

I dont need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, or OS

Just the computer and the drivers.

The motherboard needs at leased 1 stick of ram to work. Try and borrow one off a friend that u know works and test that. Make sure it's DDR3.

Also, to clear CMOS just take out the cell battery unplug the PSU from the wall socket and keep hold of the power button for a few secs to release any stored electricity.

I'm a noobie at this too so i won't give you any info that may cause you to damage your system any further.

But it sounds to me like Your PSU (power supply) is at fault.
test that first if you know how. If not get one of your friends to troubleshoot your system for you or just take it to a shop.

Tried finding you the thread that explains how to trouble shoot your system in great detail but can't seem to find it right now.

Sorry.

Got beat by the guys above :p lol.. if newegg is giving you a refund i'd take that and do what thideras suggested.

Newegg said they could only give me a refund.

I guess the new budget would be $700....
It is just sad that I got a taste of a good pc and it has been taken away..
I don't mean to keep repeating myself, but if you want a good system, you should build it instead of buying a pre-made one. You then know you have quality components and can rely on the computer. Otherwise, you are going to be getting hardware with compromises. Since Newegg is giving you the option of returning it at no cost, I would take it without hesitation.

I don't mean to keep repeating myself, but if you want a good system, you should build it instead of buying a pre-made one. You then know you have quality components and can rely on the computer. Otherwise, you are going to be getting hardware with compromises. Since Newegg is giving you the option of returning it at no cost, I would take it without hesitation.

I know, I am saying the budget for my custom build would be 700

Gotcha :thup:

Knufire will probably be the guy that helps you out. He is very good at speccing systems.

Is the 7850 better than the gtx 560?
And is it possible to get a good 256 GB SSD instead of the HDD?

7850 is a good bit more powerful than a 560. No way you're getting a 256GB SSD in there. Those are around $200, maybe $100 for a 120GB and $60-75 for a 60GB. HDDs only $70.

Sounds fair enough, so there is nothing I can do to repair this CyberPowerPC, wouldnt it be easier to just to get a new PSU from best buy or something.

One more update about the CyberPowerPC. When I unplug the GPU from the PSU, the computer lasts much longer before making a beep noise and shutting off. Then I unplugged the CD Drive, and it lasted even longer before shutting down, does this confirm the issue is the PSU? Any advise?

That sounds like the power supply, yes. The problem with putting another power supply is that you don't know what else failed. They are cheap because they use cheap components and they don't include any of the safety features that "real" power supplies have. So, when one inevitably goes, you have no protection for the rest of the system.

Back