• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8-3870K? I SHOULDVE GOT .........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcard1869

Registered
Hi all. I bought a 3870k for gaming but now im wondering if i should ditch it and get fx-4100? I have everything i need for my first build except a mobo and ram.I just got my apu in yesterday.I would like the best graphics i can get for cheap money cuz budget i have for now. I have a good board picked out i think ..asrock a75 pro4. I am now finding out that a straight out quad core would be better and 1 gpu card til i can budget in a possible 2nd or 3rd gpu card.Im stumped.I read that a phenom ll x 4 965 black edition can run any high end card without bottlenecking, whereas a8 3870k wont do it without juttering.Any help would be appreciated.

If you already have it; just stick with it... Pair it with a HD 6670 for a cheap graphics solution on a budget. Should do well enough. Perhaps do a bit of overclocking on both the CPU and IGP and see how it benefits your performance.

I wrote this post before I set up and built pc.These APUs are pretty impressive considering price and all....i did pair it with 6670 and graphics are nice...make a vivid picture of graphics....being my first build im pleased with it...

Back