• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sennheiser hd 558 bass boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

hello geeks, i recently got the hd 558 headphones, i did the foam mod to hd598, it seems to have a weak bass compared to other sennheiser headphones, can anyone recommend me to something not too expensive and small that can boost the bass a bit ?
ill be pairing it with the xonar dx soon

edit: amazon.com is preferable

Last edited:
thanks! but its a bit big for me, is there anything smaller? the 30$ range ? on amazon.com?
edit: instead of getting the xonar dx and an separate amp/bass booster for another 30$ or so, is there a card thats around 30$ more expensive than the xonar dx and has an in built bass booster/amp ?

Last edited:
thanks! but its a bit big for me, is there anything smaller? the 30$ range ? on amazon.com?
edit: instead of getting the xonar dx and an separate amp/bass booster for another 30$ or so, is there a card thats around 30$ more expensive than the xonar dx and has an in built bass booster/amp ?

You should be able to spend less than $50 shipped on the Rolls. Ebay sometimes has them used for $30-ish.

I'm not aware of any sound cards with that feature, and if they did I doubt it would only be $30 more... (?)

i see, what im looking is something the size of fiio e6, but only boosts base, can you link me a few? im not very familiar with these stuff

i see, what im looking is something the size of fiio e6, but only boosts base, can you link me a few? im not very familiar with these stuff

I only recommended the Rolls because I ended up with one to power my larger headphones. I'm not really into this field of electronics. :thup:

Back