• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give away unwanted Game promotions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frakk

Has anyone ever tried to give away AMD Hardware game promotion DL codes, more specifically perhaps to someone in a different country?

Whats the deal with those things? thanks.

eeeh.... last time i had a HW promo... i bought a ati HD 2900 with stock fan... i loved black box with more freebies then anything else but, that card.... ThAT CarD was a mother freaker! ran so hot it killed itself after 2 years. It warmed my room up perpetually equivalent to an additional 2-3 people crowding my room. ran at around 100c-115c .I know that's off topic and out dated but, that influenced my thought in this matter. those promo deals tend to be added to over priced hardware and be around cards that cost an additional 20$ over the ones without one. I wouldn't recommend stock cooler and a promo deal wrapped into one... I learned my lesson.When it died i got a 460 gtx custom cooler and runs at 45c max... I love it.

p.s. just get a card with out a promo if it doesn't fit your fancy that's all and be careful with stock cooler, hot chips, and promo lol. they are trying to push a card with a short life span and limited warranty(if they support it), most likely. I have read some company try to ignore their warranty the best they can.

Last edited:
ive always just used mine not that i always play the games but meh its free lol like dirt3 was a good game if only i had a steering wheel for it, it sucked with keyboard. i got a code with an order that was to get a game... thats free to play anyways too! lol

eeeh.... last time i had a HW promo... i bought a ati HD 2900 with stock fan... i loved black box with more freebies then anything else but, that card.... ThAT CarD was a mother freaker! ran so hot it killed itself after 2 years. It warmed my room up perpetually equivalent to an additional 2-3 people crowding my room. ran at around 100c-115c .I know that's off topic and out dated but, that influenced my thought in this matter. those promo deals tend to be added to over priced hardware and be around cards that cost an additional 20$ over the ones without one. I wouldn't recommend stock cooler and a promo deal wrapped into one... I learned my lesson.When it died i got a 460 gtx custom cooler and runs at 45c max... I love it.

p.s. just get a card with out a promo if it doesn't fit your fancy that's all and be careful with stock cooler, hot chips, and promo lol. they are trying to push a card with a short life span and limited warranty(if they support it), most likely. I have read some company try to ignore their warranty the best they can.

Erm? yeah i can see why you would say that, but....

Promo one Gigabyte 7870

Promo two Asus Sabertooth

The Promo is not the reason for my purchase of these products, but thanks for the heads up :)

I don't think they are so much on Promo because there not much good, having said that the Sabertooth MOBO is about £15 more expensive in that store, but there RMA is very good so i'm ok paying a little more.

Anyway, can you spot the reason for my question? :D

Last edited:
Back