• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i5 3570 - K ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rageweawer

Hello,

I need a help with i5 3570 I dont know if I need K or non-K version.

I need to order these 3 components in about 5 hours so I will be really gratefull for any good answer from you guys - I need new Mobo, CPU and RAM.

MOBO :MSI Z77A-G43 or MSI Z77A-G45 or MSI ZH77A-G43
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K or Intel Core i5-3570
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu XMP 8GB (kit 2x 4GB) 1600MHz

And now into my situation:

Im playing a lot of games Im not using this pc for any programs like CAD or for rendering video etc.. Just a lot of games.

I dont like to add voltage to CPU (I have read somewhere that in long-term use it damages CPU is it true?) if so I heard that you cant add CPU Voltage with Z77A-G43 motherboard and my friend told me if I want to overclock a lot I need G45 is it true ?

Whats the maximum frequency of i5 3570K without incerasing CPU Voltage ie stock voltage?

Whats the maximum frequency of i5 3570K with incerasing CPU Voltage ie stock voltage?

Whats the maximum frequency of i5 3570 without incerasing CPU Voltage ie stock voltage?

Im not extreme overclocker Im running ATM on E4500 2,93GHz (default 2,2GHz) and I would like to run i5 3570 at 4-4,2GHz anything more I think is waste in these days its quite strong and new CPU isnt it true? Also I dont know if I want to get K version or non-K I heard that non-K version got double turbo so I would have like 4,1GHz and I can save about 50$ getting Non-K and ZH77-G43.

Curretly CPU:
CPU: Intel E4500 2,93GHz (2,2GHz Default)
RAM: 2GB DDR 533MHz
GPU: nVidia GTX560
PSU: 650W Bronze Certifikate +80%
Monitor: 24' BenQ LED

What motherboard is ideal for me? Ask questions if you need more informations from me thanks a lot !

Can you guys take a loot at these mother boards and tell me what should I get to K and non-K version please? As I said I dont need SLI/Cross I dont need 6 HDD slots etc..

Option 1: I will probably cant get all the power from K version because G43 doesnt allow you to incerase voltage on CPU

Intel Core i5-3570K BOX
MSI Z77A-G43
Kingston HyperX Blu XMP 8GB (kit 2x 4GB) 1600MHz

Price: 377€

Option 2: Can get full power of K version because G45 allow me to incerase voltage on CPU. Is it needed to overclock with this cpu for hardcore gamer?

Intel Core i5-3570K BOX
MSI Z77A-G45

Price: 396€

Option 3: Cant add voltage, cant overclock a lot its non-K version. Probably would sit at 3,8GHz turbo or 4,1GHz manualy overclock.

Intel Core i5-3570 BOX
MSI ZH77A-G43

Price: 344€

Whats best buy for price?

What exactly you mean? :)

He just said things about mobos that support adding CPU voltage or doesnt.

What exactly you mean? :)

He just said things about mobos that support adding CPU voltage or doesnt.

my friend told me if I want to overclock a lot I need G45 is it true ?

Now the G43 is not as good as the 45 from what I understand but it will be able to overclock just fine. If you want to go with SLi then avoid it but for single card setups on air cooling you should be fine. the K cpu will get you better results as well as I don't think you will have stability over 106 bclock.

So your recommendation is to get G43 and K version?

He said that G43 mobo doesnt allow adding CPU voltage means I will probably stick to stock voltage and question is isnt it better to get 3570 without K ?

H77 chipset cannot be overclocked as someone told me.

Whats clocks can I get with Z77 G43 and K and non-K 3570 ?

What mobo would you get? I wanna fit into my 360€ budget for these 3 pieces.

So your recommendation is to get G43 and K version?

He said that G43 mobo doesnt allow adding CPU voltage means I will probably stick to stock voltage and question is isnt it better to get 3570 without K ?

H77 chipset cannot be overclocked as someone told me.

Whats clocks can I get with Z77 G43 and K and non-K 3570 ?

What mobo would you get? I wanna fit into my 360€ budget for these 3 pieces.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2012/06/11/msi-z77a-g43-review/7

For me it would not just be about the board but I personally would go with an ASUS or Gigabyte. Yes I have a bias but the fact is they are two of the best out there. Msi is also not a slouch but for doing what you are talking about the G43 should be fine.

Im opened to another brands can you link me your recommendation ? I prefer asus over gigabyte

ASUS, ASRock, and Gigabyte are considered the top three manufactuers. ASUS is a bit better than the other two, but a bit more expensive. The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is one of the best budget options, dunno if they sell many in Europe. Gigabyte UD3H is also a good option.

You cannot change clocks at all on a non-K CPU. You're stuck at the stock clocks. You also can't change clocks on a H77 board. You need a Z77 board and a K CPU if you want to change clocks at all.

You cannot change clocks at all on a non-K CPU. You're stuck at the stock clocks.
You can change clocks on these, just not nearly as much as with a K based CPU. On some boards, you can lock in the highest turbo multiplier. That with a slight bclk raise gets you a few hundred mhz depending on the bclk reached.

Back