• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 140mm rad fan suggestion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

i bought myself a 140mm rad and ive been lloking at some fans. yeah i know that CFM is important. but what im not finding is much info the fans static pressure. guess they leave that spec out. so i was wondering if anyone knew of any good 140mm fans that would give me the best results? or if you could point me in the right direction. noise really isnt a problem as long as its not really loud.

nvm i like i figured it out

Last edited:
i was just going to suggest some BitFenix Spectre Pro's i just ordered a few a week ago and are now my favorite fans ill be sticking two on my h100 when i get it later this week.
they have great airflow are designed to be durable with high static pressure and are near silent not to mention they are some of the coolest looking fans ive found.

I have some Yate Loon Mediums on my system. Available in low, med and high LED and black as well.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...16_848&zenid=784de7142dfeeb693a0874c1e0627c10

NZXT make some high presure fans as well ...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...duct_info&cPath=36_316_1085&products_id=33061

Keep in mind what you see on the pack or website is not always very acurate. I have use both of these with my Black Ice GTS Gen Two Stealth 280 and both work well. The Yates are a bit quieter.

ive been looking at the nzxt, corsair and cougar top fans, the highest one with static pressure is the corsair. but i dont like the rounded frame. i might go with nzxt. it will match the ones built into my nzxt case

Where are you getting your fan data? If you're using manufacturer data, I would advise you to proceed with extreme caution, as manufacturer data has this awful tendency to be complete marketing BS.

Where are you getting your fan data? If you're using manufacturer data, I would advise you to proceed with extreme caution, as manufacturer data has this awful tendency to be complete marketing BS.

hhhm that may be true. i still have a lot of research to do on them. there isnt a big difference between the 3

At the very least you're directly comparing data across test setups, which is a huge no-no. Even comparing martin's data to skinnee's data (to use an external example) is dubious at best, since they have different test procedures, setups, rigs, etc.

Back