• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screwed my windows install up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

Okay! I am ready to throw my tower in the street, pour gasoline on it and light it on fire.

I have this motherboard ASRCOK|Z77 EXTREME6 Z77 1155 R

When I originally installed windows I put windows 7 home premium onto my solid state hard disk. I later bought windows 7 professional, downloaded the install files and did an upgrade to install it. For some reason my drivers would not install after I did this so I started doing all kinds of crazy things to try to get it to work. Eventually I installed windows to my platter drive in an attempt to be able to format the solid state and hopefully get a clean windows install going. I made a system repair disk and made the partition on disk 0, the solid state, inactive. Apparently this was a mistake because now when I start without the repair disk it says "BOOTMGR MISSING" or something. *forehead slap*

Okay, so I can boot windows with the repair disk, whoo hoo! However.... when I start the machine my mouse and keyboard are on but as soon as windows loads they turn off. I had similar problem installing windows from the get go. I was using a flash drive to do the install and I basically had to unplug the flash drive and put it in a different USB port in order to get windows to see the damn thing. I've tried numerous configurations of the USB mouse and keyboard, pulled them out, swapped ports, unplugged and replugged all to no avail. If anybody thinks they have a clue as to how to get the USB ports to stay on after windows has loaded I would appreciate the help. I think if I can get that going I will be able to get windows reinstalled with the repair disk. :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

So frustrated atm. I try to be legit and buy windows and it ef's everything up. ERGH!

Did you try installing the USB drivers during the Windows install?

Well, I figured out that the USB 2.0 ports work so that much is fixed. I guess now I will have to figure out how to do a clean install of windows in order to get everything back to where I want it.

Hi mate i had the same with my extreme 4. I put the k/b and mouse in the two red usb 2.0 ports and this seemed to work. Like ATMINSIDE said at the screen ( when you get to it lol ) where it shows you where do you want to install to, bottom left button says add driver then install usb 3 driver, it should enable the ports. Good luck mate

Also, use that time to install your AHCI driver if you have an SSD.

Back