• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 for $5 at Frys!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxrabid93

So like the title says, Frys has the i7 920 on their website for $5. link. It is pickup only though. I searched for stores that had it in stock, and two say they do. Arlington and Houston. Anyone in those areas wanna pick me (or yourself) up one of them? :D Probably want to call ahead just to make sure though. :p

This has been on the website for a while now (a few weeks), so i have no idea if it's an accident that Frys hasn't noticed, or if it is legit. What do you guys think?

I'm gonna go with it being a typo. And before someone says they have to sell it at that price, no they don't. Somewhere there will be a disclaimer about inaccurate prices.

Frys.com prices good for online purchases only. In-store items and
prices at Fry's retail locations may vary. Some online offers are subject to prior sale and may not be available.

Would like to see someone make them say no at least though. Would be cool if someone can get one for a steal!

Well, I checked but there isnt one within a hundred miles of me. And while the price does seem too low to be true, ive seen frys sell stuff they are clearancing the last stock of so cheap it blows the mind.

Its not a typo and this is like a week or so old. A few people around the country actually got one, but VERY few and far between (when I say a few, I mean a few). Now thats not to say employees didnt swoop up on a few either.

It was in store only clearing stock I guess and very few were even available.

Also, the stores in Texas claim to have them but many people have tried without success. I think 1 person reported getting 1 in Houston.

Also, the stores in Texas claim to have them but many people have tried without success. I think 1 person reported getting 1 in Houston.

Sounds like that store has an issue with sticky fingers...

Ain't that some s**t?

Shipping not available & Store pick-up option not available in this area :rolleyes:

Bastages!

How the hell is someone supposed to buy it then?

Back