• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair GS 600 New Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sagkahan143

Registered
This is my PSU

http://www.corsair.com/en/power-sup...00-80-plus-bronze-certified-power-supply.html

Its a new version of GS 600.

I noticed that the PSU Fan only runs very noisy for 5 secs then shuts off the fan. I think this very noisy is to clean the dust?

I read the Corsair website and notice that my PSU fan will only spin if its needed.

I just test my new rig system for about 30 minutes only in bios mode and the fan still not spinning.

I turn off the computer then turn on again and Fan spin 5 secs then off.

How can i tell if the PSU fan is really working?

What temperatures needed to turn this fan?

In bios mode my CPU is 39 C, mobo 38 C still PSU fan doesn't spin.

Btw my Corsair PSU fan is facing UP.

So its like an exhaust fan for the casing.

The fan won't cut on until the PSU itself gets hot. Running the BIOS is extremely minimal power draw, run a game or a benchmark and you'll pop that PSU fan on.

It depends on the load and temperature. If takes both of my seasnoics (x560 and 1kW) a SIGNIFICANT overclock on BOTH CPU and GPU to get those fans to turn.

Reading the website it says 'fanless mode for low loads'.

You may not even be able to get it to turn on... depends on what system you have running on that PSU. Run Prime95 stress test and a GPU benchmark at the same time and see if it spins up.

It depends on the load and temperature. If takes both of my seasnoics (x560 and 1kW) a SIGNIFICANT overclock on BOTH CPU and GPU to get those fans to turn.

Reading the website it says 'fanless mode for low loads'.

You may not even be able to get it to turn on... depends on what system you have running on that PSU. Run Prime95 stress test and a GPU benchmark at the same time and see if it spins up.

This.

Even then it depends on what sort of fanless mode is being run.
If it's like the coolermaster 1300w unit it will trigger from a certain power draw OR a certain temperature (of the secondary heatsink inside the PSU).
If it's like the Tt 1275w on the other hand it will only trigger based on temperature. For a reference point, that Tt wouldn't turn the fan on unless it felt a >650w load for >15 minutes with no case/external airflow.

I expect the Corsair to use temp based control and turn on rather more easily, 200w for a while ought to do it. Drawing 200w can be a good trick with some systems though.

I cant find how post signatures here.

Here is my full specs.

3rd Gen Core i5 3550 (Stock Fan)

Asus P8H77M- LE

Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 CL9 8GB (2 pcs 4 GB)

MSI R7850 OC Twin Frozr (Factory Clock)

Corsair GS600 New version

Aerocool V9 Case

Windows 7 64 bit sp1

Click on USER CP, then SETTINGS and OPTIONS, EDIT SIGNATURE.

That said, your system would be hardpressed to break 300W full load. Not sure that PSU would flinch.

EarthDog, your English is a bit overkill to me:drool:

You mean my total system max power is only 300W and my PSU will not activate its fan?

Is it really safe for 12 hours straight without spinning the PSU fan?

Back