• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire will not Enable?? 3 Monitor setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt297

Registered
Just curious, I run 2x Sapphire 6950's with 3x LG 23" monitors, they are plugged into the 2 DVI ports and the Display port on my Primary card(none plugged into the slave) . They monitors seem to work fine but I have noticed that Crossfire is Disabled and will not Enable when I have the 3 plugged in together? Is there a way to enable Crossfire again? Does this mean my Slave card is sitting idle doing nothing at all apart from taking up space?

Any help appreciated!

Matt

Last edited:
Is Crossfire enabled when you have only one monitor plugged in?

When I CF'ed two cards with three monitors (6990+6970), I used one DVI port and two DisplayPort-to-DVI active adapters (~$15/ea IIRC). That worked like a charm, FWIW.

Got crossfire working again. It was enabled when I had a single monitor but disabled itself when i plugged in all 3. I set up a catalyst profile and it all works now. Albeit the 2 6950's are not that good using 3 screens and crossfire, not as crisp as I thought it would be.

Back