• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 580 SOC overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cinot

now then:D

since im an oc newbie (still got my 3930k completly stable on 4.7 by myself with alittle reading on the net) i wanted to clock my graphics card aswell, would kinda make it complete, although i need your help.

I have looked into it but kinda dont want to fry my card first time doing it.
my card: http://www.techspot.com/review/423-gigabyte-geforce-gtx580-soc/

have to start somewhere, so figured here would be a good place.

TEACH ME!:D
or give me something to read!

current stats on the card:
gpu voltage(1.111v+-) on auto same as mem<--(edit 1) voltage(1.618v+-)
gpu clock 855MHz
shader 1710
mem clock 1025

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Basically overclocking the GPU is similar to the CPU. Increase the speed slowly and check for stability. If it isn't stable add more voltage to it (a notch or two, nothing huge) and re-test. If it becomes stable again continue increasing and so forth. Just remember to watch your temperatures (I like to use MSI Afterburner for my overclocking software and monitoring). Try to keep the GPU below 85Cish on full load and you should be in pretty good shape. You will likely also want to setup fan profiles in Afterburner as the default ones built into the BIOS are pretty weak and give higher temperatures than if you did it yourself.

Remember to only change one thing at a time, vcore(+shader as they are linked) and find that max. Then do the memory. This way you aren't changing too many variables.

For a stability test I like using 3dMark11 or Unigene Heaven on the highest settings available to you.

Just keep an eye on the temps, and for crashes, and then of course artifacts as well.

Back