• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding a netbook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidArrogance

So I'm trying to help someone shop for a netbook with a very specific list of what they want. Tried to sell them on an ultrabook but they want a smaller footprint than the smallest (11.6" best i can tell) ultras have to offer.

So, we want a netbook form factor (10" or so) but we're looking for 64-bit win7, and no HDD -- gotta have SSD for a system drive. Everything I see in the netbook arena has an HDD. I was kind of surprised to see that.

So what are my options? I've run across people why buy the netbook and then swap out the HDD for an SSD but I'd rather find something ready to go.

Any suggestions? Thanks peeps!! :)

Well in my experience you can't go wrong with an ASUS netbook. I have experience with dozens of them. As far as the ssd.. buy, and install it yourself if you're comfortable with opening the netbook up. Then just load your OS. Keep in mind that Atom processors (at least a few years ago) were only 32-bit. Buying an ssd yourself is almost guaranteed to save you money.

Back