• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core I5 2500k overclocking with Corsair H60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sayandeep.dutta

Registered
Hi Guys,
I need some help for my new gaming PC build.I am from India and its very expensive to build a high end gaming PC, but any-ways I have saved some money and planning to get it.

1) My Config:

Core i5 2500k.
corsair H60 Hydro cooler
asus p8z77-v mobo
Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD os boot
Seagate 1 TB 6gbps HDD for storage
Zebronics Platinum edition- ZEB 700 W PSU.
Aero cool vxe -pro ATX cabinet.
asus 24x DVD writer.
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB/ 1600 hrz ram stick

. I am out of budget so i am planning to get the EVGA GTX 570 HD next month to complete the build.

I have some questions .
1) I have installed the H60 and connected the pins to the mobo CPU header with the pump and the fan with the second one just beside that of my p8z77-V Mobo.Now i did an auto (fast)oc with the AI suite , it oc'd to 4.3 ghz.
now when i did a stress test with the Aida64 Extreme edition.
the Cpu temp is going up-to 70 C -75 C, is that normal..?????

2) If I install the EVGA GTX 570 HD next month, is the psu enough for me, as i would like to over clock my cpu up-to 4.7- 4.8 ...with my gpu installed and use the push and pull for my H60 ...and of-course i will change my case and upgrade to Corsair carbide 500r cause i think the present one is too congested with no cable management option.

Kindly help

Last edited:
I think your video card will be fine in the sytem.

For anyone else here is a link to the PSU: http://www.zebronics.com/products/platinum-series/ZEB700W

I've never heard of that brand before, are they a local brand to India?

The H60 is an OK cooler, but not amazing. Your temps are in a fine range and likely the AI Suite gave more voltage than was necessary for only 4.3ghz.

Yeah you should be fine, it is a little low on the +12v amps than I would like to see, but it should be fine as long as it keeps its numbers. The 700W is way more than enough for your system (it likely won't push 400W on full load, so the extra efficiency is fine there)

Thanks a lot... !!! you helped me a lot mate. i will keep updating with all I do with my build.
Let me give u some info about the Indian Market... all the components in India are at-least 1.5 time more xpensive than US market ..
Exp: Core I5 3570K in newegg.com is $230.. but in India its Rs 16,800 =almost $300.
the H60 costs $120 in India...

Sorry about the cost, it really matters little, you buy what you need no matter where you live.

US might be cheaper, but we still buy what we need. We still have costs like rent/etc etc etc. Cost means nothing except some percieve they pay more for some things. What does a 2 bedroom rent apartment cost in your city? What does it cost to get a simple fast meal for 4 people? What does car insurance cost?

WC are specialty items for all of us. They cost.........

I am confused about the new case I want to buy.. Corsair carbide 500r or Corsair Graphite 600t ... I am looking for great air flow, and good cable management option, whr i wont need an extension for the 8pin mobo pwr cable.. if you have any other good options let me know...

i would like to get the suggestions and I will check the availability..thn..
Normally Corsair and Cooler master is available,along with Antec, Lancool, Bitfenix, Thermaltake, iball.

Prices?

For example, Cooler Master, in the US, makes good cases at great prices. However, once you go overseas, Cooler Master cases are MUCH more expensive than the competition and not worth it.

Yes !!! Cooler Master is the most expensive of ones here and Corsair is on the mid range just below Cooler master... my main focus would be my cooling needs as I am in very warm and humid climate with summer temp rising to 44 C .. winters down only to 12 C.

Thanks...
Now check

oc = 4.5 Ghz
look at the temp at core temp = reaching almost 89 C
voltage varies from 1.35 - 1.4 v.
Cpu watt rises to 99.3 watts
over-clocked with Asus - ai suite 2 ...auto oc - fast.

Cant understand if its al-right or not.
Is it all-right or is giving me wrong reading..

Attachments

• 2mins stress test giff.gif
    2mins stress test giff.gif
    854.7 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
Those temps are really pretty high. What are your ambient (room) temperatures like?

How is your case air flow, do you have consistent air flow in a push/pull configuration inside the case?

As I stated before, I would avoid using AI Suite to overclock especially with their auto-OC and use the BIOS instead. Set the bios at a voltage (say 1.3v) and see how high you can get out of it. I wouldn't bother messing with Bclk and just use the multiplier (keep bclk set at 100)

My room temp is always 27 - 29 c as I run the air conditioner almost all the time I use my computer.
i have 2 top 120 mm fans. one is connected with the H60 pump, used to push out.
i have 1 bottom mounted 120 mm intake fan, just beside the bottom mounted Psu.
1 front 140 mm intake.
1 side 200 mm intake fan.
yes i am planning to do the maual bios setting. i will try with 4.3 first, can u help me with the settings plz?

Back