• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My i5 3570k overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why is it that anytime I try to overclock my memory, it doesn't post and keeps rebooting over and over? I select the XMP profile 1 and it fails
set timings to factory standards, it fails.
etc. etc. etc.

If memory doesn't work at stock settings and voltage, then I'd consider it bad and worthy of an RMA.

That being said, MOAR VOLTS. (You're fine up to around 90C/low 90s)

I don't know if you're as dumb as I am but when I built my new rig I didn't know the ram went in slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3 like it did on my 1366 mobo. Just taking a shot.

why is it that anytime I try to overclock my memory, it doesn't post and keeps rebooting over and over? I select the XMP profile 1 and it fails
set timings to factory standards, it fails.
etc. etc. etc.

Does the memory work when set to DDR3 1600 or DDR3 1866? Have you tried the kit in another motherboard?

So RAM goes into slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3?
like... if you're facing the motherboard, slot 1 being the farthest one on the left?

I should also note that I was overclocking the RAM, hit its limit and now it won't do anything. I initially set it to 2133, and it ran fine. Then I upped it to 2200 and it did fine, but when I bumped it up to 2400, it did the whole 3 x reboot thing.

Ok I switched the memory slots from 1-3 to 2-4 and now it's at 2133 running fine.
We'll see though...

Well... it seems that during Prime, it fails if the memory is set at 2133, but if I knocked it down to 2000, it Primes fine at 4.5GHz with 1.27v.

This chip is a beast, though. Ran Prime all night with the memory at 2000 (1000MHz, 1:10, 9-10-10-26, 2T) and the CPU at 4.5GHz with just 1.27 volts (1.272v to be exact, according to CPUz).
Temps are fine. Idles between 29-33 degrees and full load is 67-77 (depends on the core).
I guess my biggest concern is that I just want the memory to do the listed 2133, but not sure exactly how to achieve that. I can get it to post and everything at that speed, but whenever I run a stress test with it, it'll fail within 5 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Try bumping the VTT (VCCIO) voltage from 1.057 to 1.1V+ up to ~1.20V, and / or the VCCSA voltage from Auto (.925V) to no more than 1.10V

Haven't fooled around with the memory. Just been steadily dropping the voltage on the CPU and running stress tests.

4.5GHz at 1.24v running prime for 3 hours now. How low can that voltage go?!

OXTGE.jpg

I guess 4.5GHz is my sweet spot because I tried to get to 4.6GHz and it seems like it'll take 1.3v to get to that.

I am stuck at 2000mhz on my ram as well. I wonder if it is a cpu problem. I'm at 4ghz right now but I'm going to try for 4.5, not sure if my cpu cooler can handle the temps though.

Back