• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

560 TI Video Game Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

I just got a second 560ti. My first was the EVGA 560ti OC (stock 900mhz) and my second is the Nvidia GeForce 560ti (Stock 822mhz). I OC'd them to 950 @ 1.025 and ran 3d 11 without any troubles. In fact I got great results @ 9900. So I went to play Metro 2033 and I shot my gun and the screen froze and started going @ ~ 5fps. So I opened up battlefield 3 and the screen just started flashing really fast and lagging. So I brought both cards to 900mhz @ 1.025 and the same thing happened. What's the deal?

One of the cards will overclock better than the other. When you're using your overclocking software, make sure you set the clocks to synchronise together. You may also want to do this for your fan speeds. Multi GPU setups are also notorious for running hot without sufficient case ventilation, so check your temperatures.

3DMark often won't detect GPU stability issues unless you set it to run on loop for long enough to detect errors. By default 3DMark only runs each test for a minute or 2 which is great for benching, but bad for stability testing.

I suggest using Heaven benchmark and running that for at least 30 minutes.

Bring them both down to the stock levels of the second card and see how you go. Don't assume your new card will oc equally to your first card. Or vice versa

Another thing to consider is the VRAM limits. I know for sure that 560 ti SLI doesn't have enough VRAM for running at Ultra @1920x1080. I know this because I was extremely disappointed to find it out the hard way.

But yes, try underclocking the faster card to the slower one's speeds and see what happens. If that doesn't solve it, it's just VRAM limitations.

At least your BF3 didn't crash! My 560 ti SLI always used to crash BF3 at all Ultra 1920x1080, causing me to have to use an out-of-game configurator to change it back to high.

Back