• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nx 7400 wont turn on (hello r0nd3l)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgisme

I am so angry!!, I purchased this machine, upgraded it, have $1300 invested now, (faster chip, 500GB, new MB, pretty much everything.)

It worked for maybe an hour, now I can't turn it on. It's not broken, I just don't know the way that HP teaches.

I try not to buy HP, (because of reasons like this,) and this was a mistake. But since I have, I'd like to get it going. I have FreeBSD running on several in-house machines but to do demo's need to have separate machines. This had been my choice, pretty sure it was the wrong move!

I use two PC shops, both closed for the weekend. I'll be checking back here to see if anyone knows how to make this happen.

Are you talking about a HP Compaq nx7400 notebook?

Try taking out the battery, unplugging the power cord, and holding the power button down for around 60 seconds. This drains all the capacitors and discharges any static electricity that may be floating around on the board.

Back