• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

officedemon

Registered
i got 2 5670's crossfired clocked at 775MHz and 1GB each, looking for an upgrade
i don't know much about what to look for i got a 40inch TV as my main Monitor HDMI and DVI ports are a must.

so many cards to look at on newegg where do i start?
Stream Processors look important but how many do i need 600-2200?
Max Resolution is good. also will my PSU take 2 new video cards(7xxx)

Your PSU is more than enough for any dual card configuration, enough for triple for some cards.

With video cards, specs don't really matter at all. What matters is what card it actually is. if you want to figure out how cards compare, you have to google for reviews where cards are all tested in games and compared. Good places to look are Toms Hardware, Anandtech, Techpowerup, Guru3D.

How much are you willing to spend? What games are you playing?

I play D3 starcraft WoW Boishock counter-strike(all versions) i also make my own CS:S maps

i'm willing to pay 700 for 2 cards maybe more if there good.

Those are all fairly low-intensive games...a single 7850 should be able to max out all of those games. Maybe wait until the GTX660Ti is released, should be soon as a few websites got their hands on the cards and reviewed them.

Back