• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkFuneral

MSI MS-7267 boots and runs fine, but no video shows up. not even a start screen. I tried cleaning the whole thing out, re hooked all cabling, and nothing, the monitor will not pick up any signal. its not a monitor issue as i have the same one hooked to my main pc right now. please, if anybody has any suggestions, im allll ears :)

Do you get video during the boot up with all the POST information? Can you get into the BIOS and make sure your video is set to onboard/integrated?

Did you make any changes to the operating system or the chipset drivers?

no signal is going to the monitor, period. it starts up, but the monitor stays on standby. and no, i was given this computer by my neighbor who told me it worked perfectly, he just doesnt need it anymore, all he did was unhook it and bring it over. its onboard video and the mobo itself doesnt have any clear bios/cmos buttons either

Turn off the computer
Unplug from wall
Depress power button to release stored energy
Pull out the CMOS battery for at least 30 seconds
Put the CMOS battery back in and plug it back in
Try turning it on.

Note: This will reset everything including the internal clock and might throw off windows updates and other things that are date depenedent untill you fix the year, date and time.

If this doesn't work, then I'd say you have a bad mainboard... or possibly a short somewhere. Id then take it all out of the case and build it on a cardboard box before calling it dead.

Back