• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd phenom 1100t black edition overclocked to 4.2ghz bottlenecking??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope. But unless you get have a 2560x1600+ monitor or multimonitor setup, I would save soem money and get a 2GB version of that card.

I agree 107.191%. Unfortunatly my 2 GTX 460 1GB are more than powerful enough in SLI to run any game then, now and in the future but my 1GB frame buffer sucks balls. I'll be limited to 1680x1050 lo-res gaming until the cows come home.:bang head

I have the 960T with all 6 cores running at 4GHz I have 8GB of ram a SSD for main drive and velociraptor for game install drive and every single game I have played I have been able to get my EVGA GTX680 SC Sig 2 to hit 99% GPU Load. At first some games that have v-sync it wont hit 99 but that is obviously because it is pegged out at 60fps but after disabling vsync on those games and seriously upping the graphics the way nvidia recommends for skyrim I can conclude that your processor is not going to be a bottleneck for pretty much anything except high end physx but thats obvious and goes for most CPUs and so you just turn it to medium or low or off.

----------

As far as the 4GB goes... I dont 100% agree I 90% agree.

WHY? I have a 1980x1200 screen and have already had a game that I had to reduce the AA to keep below 2GB and that game was Max Payne 3.

I am close to the 2GB in Skyrim and there is enough through ini settings and mods to probably go over.

Future games or a new monitor will surely make the 2GB even more of an issue. This card really needed to be 2.5 or 3GB

Back