• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comfortable Chair...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starwind

Registered
Started a thread a while back in General Hardware, but it was a flop. As from a gaming stand point I should have asked this section. What is a comfortable chair that is adjustable for sitting at a desk for up to 10 hours or so some days? I went to Office Max a while back and found one for 500 and didn't pull the trigger. I regret that decision. I can't find what chair it was, just a mesh style with multiple adjustments all over.

i would steer away from the ones with the mesh backs they wear out fast if your in the chair alot,and defiantly look for one with a memory foam seat.
all seat cushions wear out pretty fast when they are getting used for 10 hour days but memory foam ones seem to last me much longer.

ive learned the ones that feel nice and soft when you try them at the store dont last long and within a month it will feel like your sitting on a piece of ply wood.
go for one that feels more firm it will break in nice and will last you much longer.

i also tend to lean away from anything that cost under $200 not to say there isn't any good ones for that price but any i have tried all turn out to be total junk unless they dont get used often.

I've got one of these from Tiger direct.
interion-Office-Chair-with-Arm-Rests-Black-90880.jpg

I like a chair with a fixed back to force me to use good posture. If I do use good posture I can game a lot longer before I get fatigued. The arm rests can be good but I find myself leaning on them which eventually makes my elbow tendons/ligaments hurt. I like the mesh back because it is cooler. I did "mod" my chair by sawing of the handle looking thing in the back and putting some med density foam at the same area.

EDIT: I can sit there working/gaming for many many hours so I like a firm seat as well. I'm not a big guy so I don't tend to wear them out. I usually get them dirty/stained long before that. I've had this one a year or two. I recommend keeping ergonomics high on your list if you plan to game for hours.

ive had a Lane office chair (couldent find a pic of it) for the past three years but its finally wearing out part dou to my cockatoo starting to wear the back of it out from being on it all day lol.

it was all leather with memory foam and adjustable lumbar support it served me well i hope i can find something comparable to replace it with,im not a big guy ether but very muscular and my *** is like a rock so i dont really have any padding on my *** of my own so i tend to wear out the seats padding quick lol.

i have a keyboard/mouse tray that i use that roles over me in my chair so i do alot of playing laid back reclined i might just get a recliner this time around if i can find one that will let me use my keyboard tray lol.

best chair ive ever had was 20 bucks at a garage sale it leans back but stays in an L shape if that makes sense that way my butt doesnt scoot off the chair while im leaning back :) and its cushioney too

Before I research anything, Amazon is my starting point.You cannot review a product, unless you purchased that product from Amazon.You will get a variety of choices with honest opinions.There prices seem to beat out the competition imo.

Last edited:
Back