• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Q: WinXP Folder permissions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foolios

I am using php to copy a file from one folder to another. I originally set permissions so that only my user would have access to the folder. But that prevented php from being able to copy the file over to that folder via the localhost. So I added system as a user as well with full permissions. That now allows php to do its file copy thing.

The problem I am having is that when I share the folder so that I can access it via the network(on a domain) I can not delete the files from the folder even though I have set permissions for my user to full control of the folder.

Is there another user that I need to add? I know when I removed the defaults there were a couple. I think system was one and administrator was another. I am not sure what they all might have been or what they do.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I may be mistaken, but you might have an issue with share privileges. You may have full file permissions, but limited share privileges.

You led me in the right direction. I didn't realize that ntfs permissions and share permissions could both be at different levels.

Thank you so much. Thanks given!

Back