• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro center???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dunning3075

Registered
Anyone heard of these guys? Is it a good place to buy from? The only reason I ask is they are advertising an amd phenom ii x6 1045t with gigabyte motherboard for 99.00. If this is a reputable place It is definatley worth me doing.

Extremely reputable. They're actually a national chain, 15some stores around the country.

Oh, and the sales guys on the floor actually know what they're taking about. It can be quite refreshing experience from the typical Best Buy visit. :D

All the good deals are in-store only. 2500Ks for $170, $50 off any K CPU and any Z77 motherboard, etc.

2500K is actually $160. They are great on Price especially on CPU and Motherboards, they have $50/$40 off on intel/AMD combo and if you find something cheaper on newegg or TigerDirect, they do price match mostly.

But Said that above,, their policy on price-match is on their mouth. Sometime they decline price-match on certain items if it seems to be really cheap on egg or tigerdirect. 5-6 months ago, I was there to buy Corsair TX650 PSU, their price was ridiculously high $139, while Newegg was $99.00 before $10.00 rebate and amazon was $104.00, I asked them to price match Newegg (dont worry about rebate) one of the floor manager said okay, and then, next guy came in and said NO, Obviously I did not buy.

This weekend, again i was there (did not even know it was MA tax free weekend), it was really crowded. I was about to grab a small SSD, which newegg is selling for around $110.00 (+- couple of $$$s). Their price was $145.00, i asked them can you price match newegg on this item???, NO not today, why?? coz its a tax free weekend?? Make no sense...... What Microcenter has to do with state-tax?? They are not loosing money just because its tax-free weekend, are they??

2500K is actually $160. They are great on Price especially on CPU and Motherboards, they have $50/$40 off on intel/AMD combo and if you find something cheaper on newegg or TigerDirect, they do price match mostly.

But Said that above,, their policy on price-match is on their mouth. Sometime they decline price-match on certain items if it seems to be really cheap on egg or tigerdirect. 5-6 months ago, I was there to buy Corsair TX650 PSU, their price was ridiculously high $139, while Newegg was $99.00 before $10.00 rebate and amazon was $104.00, I asked them to price match Newegg (dont worry about rebate) one of the floor manager said okay, and then, next guy came in and said NO, Obviously I did not buy.

This weekend, again i was there (did not even know it was MA tax free weekend), it was really crowded. I was about to grab a small SSD, which newegg is selling for around $110.00 (+- couple of $$$s). Their price was $145.00, i asked them can you price match newegg on this item???, NO not today, why?? coz its a tax free weekend?? Make no sense...... What Microcenter has to do with state-tax?? They are not loosing money just because its tax-free weekend, are they??

I'm actually looking to pick up an SSD, was thinking about just ordering it from Newegg, but I'm actually going to pick up 3570K and Z77 mobo for the deal and a low profile cooler at MC, I wonder if they're price match an SSD from their listing of $75 down to Newegg's price of $65?

I'm actually looking to pick up an SSD, was thinking about just ordering it from Newegg, but I'm actually going to pick up 3570K and Z77 mobo for the deal and a low profile cooler at MC, I wonder if they're price match an SSD from their listing of $75 down to Newegg's price of $65?
Try it, very likely they will. Last week, Sandisk 120GB was $79.00 on Egg, MC was $99.00. I called them up before i drive and they did agree to match the price.

Microcenter has always told Mr while I was there that they price match newegg. I would presume they would for you as well. My only problem would be with paying taxes!

Extremely reputable. They're actually a national chain, 15some stores around the country.

Oh, and the sales guys on the floor actually know what they're taking about. It can be quite refreshing experience from the typical Best Buy visit. :D

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I go there once or twice a year usually to pick up stuff with buddies hour ride for us. The guys on the floor are usually awesome. They generally are gamers/computer junkies like us (least in the DIY parts section). When we do go usually spend like 2 hours in there every feb lol after taxes comeback.

Back