• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBOT Heaven Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito
I'm having trouble getting a score from HWBOT Heaven Benchmark I keep gett an error at the end of the run -

"The benchmark did not run at 1680X1050. Possibly this resolution is not supported by your monitor"

I have the benchmark set to run at 1920X1080, my monitor supports that resolution, and I also have windows set to that resolution. So, why is it complaining about a resolution that's not even being used anywhere?

hwbot_heaven.jpg

Any help would be appreciated fellas!!

The HWBot launcher wants to run it at 1680x1050 (and forces the settings to run it there, regardless of what you choose), if it runs at any other resolution it will return that error.
It's to prevent people from running it at a lower resolution and hence having higher scores for competition.
If your monitor doesn't support that resolution, I don't think there is any way to make it work.
Maybe timing the run (~5m I think), lining the mouse up, and then pulling the monitor plug out of the computer before running it. Then plug it back in afterwards.
Turning the monitor off first might work just as well.

Similarly the Basic preset runs at 1280x1024, that should be supported though.

Ok, I think I got confused because I thought we were supposed to run this benchmark in 1920X1080 resolution for our reviews. You are right that when you first start the benchmark it defaults to 1680X1050.

I found out that my monitor does not support that resolution out of the box, but I was able to create a custom resolution inside the Nvidia control panel and it now gives me a score.

Thanks for the guidance!

Back